Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

I'm Still Here.....

It's been way too long since I have found time to write.  Tornadoes, historic floods, recitals, teaching, family weddings, travels and work have demanded my time.  Despite my absence in the blogosphere, I have been a very busy pianist and look forward to sharing my thoughts with you once again.

Currently I am in the process of making a decision about my summer schedule.  I can definitely use the extra income associated with private lessons, but the summer is an intense time for the other areas of my life as well.  I am contemplating giving my students a "holiday" and returning to a regular teaching schedule in the fall.  I know it's not the ideal situation for their musical development, but I also know that I am a better teacher when I am rested and excited to see them on a weekly basis.  What are your personal experiences?  I'd welcome your input.

No comments:

Post a Comment